10 Tips for Keeping Your Laundry Room Organized
The laundry room is often one of the most neglected rooms in the house. It’s usually small, cramped, and filled with laundry baskets, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, and other laundry supplies. But it doesn’t have to be this way! With a little effort, you can turn your laundry room into an organized oasis. Here are ten tips for keeping your laundry room organized:
- Install laundry room storage cabinets. This will give you a place to store all of your laundry supplies, including laundry detergent, dryer sheets, and fabric softener. You can also purchase laundry room storage cabinets in Salt Lake City to store other household items, such as cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner bags. These cabinets come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you’re sure to find one that fits your laundry room perfectly.
- Keep a laundry basket in each bedroom. This will help to keep laundry from piling up in the laundry room. When laundry is ready to be washed, simply put it in the laundry basket and carry it down to the laundry room. All of the laundries will be in one place, making it easy to sort and wash.
- Sort laundry as you go. This will save you time in the laundry room. Instead of waiting until laundry day to sort your laundry, do it as you go. Put whites in one pile, darks in another, and delicates in a third. This will make laundry day a breeze. If you have a laundry sorting system, such as color-coded laundry baskets, use it!
- Add hooks to the laundry room. This will give you a place to hang laundry bags and clothing that needs to air dry. It will also give you a place to hang laundry hampers, so they’re out of the way. You can do this yourself by installing Pegboard in the laundry room and adding hooks, or you can purchase a laundry room hook rack.
- Use laundry room shelves. Shelves are not the same as cabinets because they offer an open view of the laundry room and make it look bigger. Unlike laundry room cabinets, laundry room shelves don’t have doors, so they’re easy to access. You can use laundry room shelves to store laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, and other laundry supplies.
- Install a laundry room door. This will help to keep the laundry room clean and organized. It will also help to keep the noise level down when laundry is being washed. If you don’t have a laundry room door, consider hanging a curtain to create a makeshift door. Having a laundry room door will also help to keep laundry smells contained.
- Keep a laundry schedule. This will help you stay on top of laundry and ensure that it gets done promptly. Write down when laundry needs to be washed, dried and put away. Then, stick to the schedule! You can even set reminders on your phone or computer to help you stay on track.
- Invest in laundry room storage systems. These systems, such as laundry room cabinets and laundry room shelves, will help to keep your laundry room organized. They’re perfect for storing laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, and other laundry supplies. You can also use them to store cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner bags.
- Don’t forget about laundry room décor. This is your space, so make it your own! Hang pictures on the walls, add a rug to the floor, and put laundry room-themed items on the shelves. This will help to make the laundry room feel like a place you want to be.
- Have a laundry day. This is when you wash all of the laundry that has accumulated throughout the week. Laundry day doesn’t have to be a chore if you follow these tips! Just set aside some time to wash, dry, and put away laundry. You can even listen to music or watch a movie while you do laundry.
By following these ten tips, you can turn your laundry room into an organized oasis. With a little effort, you can keep your laundry room clean and tidy. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!